Friday, October 11, 2013
8 am - 4 pm
La Vista Conference Center-Embassy Suites
This one-day event features exhibits, health fair, health screenings, educational presentations, shopping, handouts, giveaways, meals and more! Make it a girl's day and invite your mom, sister or friend! Nursing credit is offered.
This year's theme is "Healthy Relationships: Enriching your life and improving your health."
About the Conference
Since 1997, the annual conference is hosted by UNMC, The Nebraska Medical Center, UNO, WELCOM, and the Olson Center. The goal of the conference is to empower women with their health by providing timely education and health & wellness resources presented by specialists who are leaders in their field. Not only is it a day of education, but it's also a day of fun and relaxation! Shopping, conversation, and great food are offered.
Registration is closed for this year's conference.
Directions and information on the La Vista Conference Center can be found on the map.
Free parking is offered to all.
There are three hotels in the area. Be sure to ask for the UNMC rate. Embassy Suites-La Vista and Courtyard by Marriott are connected to the Conference Center. Hampton Inn & Suites is located across the street.
2013 Schedule of Events
8:00 AM Registration, Exhibits, and Health
9:00 Welcome & Opening Session
9:15 Breakfast Keynote:
Viv Ewing, PhD
- Happy, Healthy, & Terrific: Strategies for Creating a Balanced Life
10:15 Break, Exhibits, and Health Screenings
11:00 General Session: Renaisa Anthony, MD, MPH - Sex, Lies and Videotapes: Women’s Sexual Health Across the Lifespan
12:15 Lunch Keynote Speaker: Kelly Fairbanks, PsyD - Strong, Beautiful You!
1:15 Breakout Session (choose 1, 2, or 3)
1. Positive Parenting: Five Principles for Promoting Healthy Parent-Child Relationships and Raising Responsible, Self-Confident Children - David Cates, PhD
2. Death, Divorce, Breakup, and Loss - Randy LaGrone, PhD
3. Family Rules and Roles to Follow or Not to Follow During a Health Crisis - Diane Henricks, CMSW, LMHP
2:15 Breakout Session (choose 4, 5, or 6)
4. Realistic Mealtime - Sarah Keegan, RD, MS, LMNT
5. Respect & Rights in Relationships: Tools for Bringing Intimate Partner Violence to Light - Kim Vacek, PhD
6. The Doctor-Patient Relationship: What it is, Why it is Important, and How to Improve it - Libby Crocket, MD
3:15 Closing Session, Evaluations & Door Prizes
Jesus Take the Wheel: Two Hearts Fighting Together - Missy Givens, 2-time Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma fighter
2013 Platinum Sponsors
For conference updates and ticket giveaways, become a fan of our facebook page!
Sponsor & Exhibitor Information
Are you interested in supporting women's health in your community and getting your product/service in front of 350+ women? Become a sponsor! For more information on how to exhibit at next year's conference, contact Christin at 402-559-5852 or